Sunday, November 7, 2010

My guild - Monarchy of the Dead

When I came back to the game from my break, I was months behind as far as gear and progession goes.
Most of my friends that I've played with over the years have either transfer servers/faction or is no longer playing. 

I wanted to raid again with dedicated players to end-game but not on a hard-core raiding schedule... that is almost next to impossible I thought to myself!  One day, I came across a posting on the WoW Realms forums from Dumuzi doing some recruiting for his guild Monarchy of the Dead.  It's advertised as an small, adult guild that is interested in running 10-man content... I thought to myself, this is perfect.  I went to their website, like what I read and decided to post my application and the rest is history. 

All I can say is I'm very impressed with everyone in the guild.  It is made up of adults and mostly couples... I wish my wife still played, she would like the people in here.

Most of the members have been playing WoW for some time and like myself, some of them have taken a break from the game and just recently returned.  There's a few that is fairly new to the game as well.  So the level of raid experience varies from one end to another, and the gear is just about the same. 

The guild raids 2 nights a week, Friday & Saturday starting at 8 pm and stopping whenever someone has to leave.  What really impressed me with the people in this guild is that when we wipe on a boss, everyone shrugs it off and has a discussion on why the group wiped and what can we do better the next go around.  Every new boss encounter that we have done we're able to down the boss with few to no wipes at all with no buff.

I can tell you that gear is not a factor nor raiding experience, it the person that is playing the charcter and everyone else in the group.  I've found a great place where I can call home and the friendship that I make there will be a last one.


Until next time..

No comments: