Tuesday, January 25, 2011

WTF

Alright, wife and I logged on late last night.  It was odd because there wasn't that many guildies online.
We decided to run a heroic to get geared up... Queue up for the random and Stonecore was the flavor. 

I've done this instance on regular and it was fairly easy.  This was my first time doing on heroic along with my wife, skru and krugg.  Let me say, WTF in regards to the first boss. . .  we kept wiping and a little over an hour into it we called it.  I blame myself for it... I will admit, I wasn't capable to heal the amount of damage people were taking.  Maybe I'm a bad healer... maybe I need to work on my rotation... maybe I need to research more on boss fights.... maybe resto druid isn't the best healing class for this particular boss.

On an up note, we have filled out our roster for the 2nd raid team.  We'll try and step into our first raid encounter on Feb 11th.  I'm excited and looking forward to it.  I'll continue to run heroics for upgrades for myself and help others as well.

Until my next post...

2 comments:

Mitchell said...

Personally, I NEVER used a healing rotation. It was too limiting since using a rotation assumes everything will go perfectly. I much rather pick and choose on the fly which is a much more flexible and forgiving play style.

But like you said if the group was taking that much damage any druid healer would likely have a harsh time, sounds more like a AOE healer would fair much better.

Papa said...

I'm trying to re-train myself to play as a triage healer instead of making sure everyone is at full health. Due to the increase in health and mana regen (due to current gear) it's almost impossible to have everyone healed 90-100% throughout encounters without going oom.